– Diabetes affects about 30 million of people in the United States
– 1 in 4 adults with diabetes are unaware they have the disease
– 84 million Americans have prediabetes
– 9 out of 10 adults with prediabetes don’t know they have it
– 1 in 3 adults have prediabetes
The sooner you know you are at risk for diabetes, the sooner you can take action. Click the link below to take yours
The Will County Community Health Center continues to offer Diabetes Group Educational Sessions every other Friday with Certified Diabetes Educator Dolly Agba.
These special Diabetes informational sessions take place from 8:30 AM to 10 AM in the CHC’s lower level conference room.
For scheduling a CHC patient at one of these classes, medical providers are asked to place a “follow-up visit” and “referral” in the patient’s chart, and have the patient schedule an upcoming Diabetes Group Educational Session, as they would any other follow-up appointment, as they exit.
For staff who are assisting patients in the scheduling of appointments, simply call the registration or check out staff and ask that the patient be scheduled into an upcoming Diabetes Group Educational Session.
Call for additional information at 815-727-8670.